Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pastel Madras Saturday! March 13, 2010!












After a week of on and off rain, Saturday morning was so beautiful in San Francisco! A dry period, thank God! And did it ever show in the crowds- early crowds like never seen before. This is what the farmers market people love. The wine bar was packed by 10am. Crazy. And yes, most wanted my three tiered "whatever he ordered." Sadly, they find out that they have to do that themselves.

Spring was in the air so it was time to bring the pastel madras blazer out. I only get to wear it this time of year. I have had this jacket since college and it still fits thanks to keeping my broad shoulders and smooth slim torso! I'm breaking' a sweat!

As you can see by the Ferry Building Clock Tower I arrived at 8:45am to a fantastic and crisp sunny morning. I did not know how the day would turn out. But, as usual, it was a great day.

I as started prepping my table before shopping, Allison stopped by to say hi. I went shopping for all the basics, salami, grilled chicken breast, egg salad, Acme bread, blue cheese dressing, Cheddar and blue cheese, grapes, tomatoes, olives, torta, and a roasted garlic spread I made the night before.

Set up the plates and Allison joined me for a bit. She had a Chutney stand at the Irish Festival at the Civic Center. So we chatted about the mice in my flat which she seems to think they like me but the feeling is not mutual. After she left Rob and Suzanne came by. He brought the dessert he had the day before at barPerbacco that was honey drizzled almonds with Red Hawk cheese. Fantastic!

Soon, Kevin was there, Father Eric, Dr. David, Richard. Then the usual people picture taking and explaining the table. Amy won't be at the table for the next few weeks.

The place was just packed all day. The economy could just be coming back based on this! Thank you Mr. President Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment