Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Birthday & A Top Chef Finalist, Saturday, January 30, 2010













The morning was beautiful with the sun beaming down and trying to dry out the City. The artists were still setting up across from the Ferry Building as I approached. Who knew the surprises that were lingering.

I set up the table and then went and did the shopping. Starting at Golden Gate Meat Market, I got a stack of fresh cut salami, egg salad, their Blue Cheese dressing which seems to be great on everything, and a slice of pate. From there to Della for breads, Cowgirl Express for Batch 22, which is a new cheese. Gathered up grapes, olives, torta and crayfish. Finally, from Stan out front, I got a bunch of Twisted willow branches for the flower tin.

Once the table was arranged to my discriminating style, I sat down and Jason poured a glass of crisp white wine. Soon the crowd got bigger and the usual suspects arrived at the table.

Today was Rob Cox's birthday. Suzanne, Sue, Richard, Dr. David & Father Eric and more arrived throughout the day. But who knew what was going to happen at precisely the same time......

First, Eric screams, "Oh my God, that was Tyra Banks that just walked by!" Then he says to me, "Oh my God that's Carla!" I said, "Carla who?" "Carla from Top Chef last season," he says.
So I told him to tell Suzanne. Suzanne then yells, "Carla, Carla, Carla!" And she came over to the table and came in for a picture. Everyone had questions for her about Top Chef and what she is doing now. She has a very nice husband who took pictures and will be sending soon. Rob offered to paint her.

Then later Lorraine come running up and said, Tyra Banks loved her soda! So another fun day at the table. I' know there will be many more to come.

Dispatch! Wine Bar! San Francisco!















No comments:

Post a Comment